Across Schools Teacher 2023


Kia ora, I'm Danni Stone! I'm a year 7/8 teacher at Pt England School. 

For several years, my inquiry was focussed on reading. In 2019, I was interested in generating more discussion about texts and used reciprocal reading, argumentation boards and debate as part of my intervention.

In 2020 I looked at teaching my students to self-reflect in reading; to identify when they found something challenging and to stop and employ a strategy to support their understanding. 

In 2021 I was an across schools teacher and combined my previous two inquiries, with further changes to my practice to shift my learners who were stuck around an 8 year old level. This was a highly successful intervention, but I left in term three to have my daughter, Ruby.

I am now back as an across schools teacher in 2023 and really looking forward to the year ahead! 

Please feel free to visit my class site, to watch my lessons on Class onAir or check out my MIT inquiry. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking Our Reading Journey

Inquiry 2018

Top Tips for Online Learning