Target Group PAT results

After administering the final PAT Comprehension tests, I can finally determine whether my self monitoring intervention has been successful. However, I need to be realistic as I only had eight weeks in class to use my intervention with my target group, as I had a totally different literacy class in term 2!

Despite all of the obstacles of the year, some of my students have made fantastic progress. Here are the results for the students who I saw in the lockdown and who returned to school for the full 8 weeks of intervention.

The average progress at this year level is 7 points. With an average score of 55 for year 7s and 60 for year 8.

While four of these students made less than 7 points of progress (three of these students are high performing),  seven of them achieved above this, with three making over 14 points.

It is really tricky to compare the PAT results from 2020 with previous years or with other students - as we keep hearing, these are unprecedented times. However, when I looked at my year 8 students results from last year, it does seem that my intervention could have made a difference. In 2019,  3/8 of the year eights made less than 7 points of progress, with one student making 12 points of progress and another a whopping 27 points! 

It would be really interesting to examine the PAT results after a longer period of time using the intervention. I think it would be worthwhile continuing this into 2021.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking Our Reading Journey

Inquiry 2018

Top Tips for Online Learning