Class on Air

I have written before about my admiration for the teachers who participate in Manaiakalani Google Class on Air.  At the beginning of the year I found it intimidating simply to publish my lessons online, so it seems incredibly brave to film a live lesson! However, this is what we have been planning in todays PLG (although ours won't be published on the Class OnAir site).

               

For my Class OnAir style lesson, I have decided to try a teaching strategy that I have been planning for some time. I have noticed that a few of my learners still need support in developing detailed ideas in writing and that working collaboratively has provided some support. I have also been looking at bringing gaming into my lessons as this is something that my learners are interested in. So, I introduced the idea of playing Dungeons and Dragons with them.



Unfortunately we experienced several technical issues when filming this video, so I have included the video for our introduction for the session and a screen cast to illustrate a snippet of game play. I also sped up the parts of the video where we are mostly reading aloud and discussing what can be read in the slides. I hope this gives you and idea of how our RPG functions and how the use of Google Docs and Drawings supports the game play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking Our Reading Journey

Inquiry 2018

Top Tips for Online Learning