Maths Progress

This term I have been trying a new timetable for maths. We have started with a short DMIC problem on Monday, to introduce the concept in context. Then we have had workshops, activities, videos and used materials (where appropriate) to unpack the concept. We then end the week with a problem and apply our knowledge while working collaboratively.

My class seem more settled, more engaged (both cognitively and behaviourally) and we seem to be able to get more students to meet AO's more efficiently. The students seem to enjoy applying their knowledge at the end of the week as they tend to have more success and feel proud of their progress.



A3A4B
B3A4B
C4B4A
D3A4B
E4B4A
F3B3A
G3B3P
H4A5B
I3B3A
J3B3A
K4B4A

This term we started a unit on measurement and the table above displays the pre and post unit results from eAsttle testing (for my target group). This unit took place over six weeks and we only assessed one unit, but it is promising and indicates that this could be an effective method. I will continue to gather data in this manner to track my students progress. At the end of the year I will then compare data using this approach and data using straight DMIC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Algebra with Coding

Making magic with Google Draw

Sticky Learning with Hyperdocs